Super Belated Happy New Year Wishes 2014 to all of my faithful blog followers and friends – May your coming year be filled with all the treasures your heart can hold. For blessings are many and those we are given should bring immense peace to our souls and smiles to our faces.
I’ve been gone for some time due to the holidays and to a problematic incident that occurred with my blog.
Visiting and enjoying family and friends during the holidays was grand. There is no gift greater than spending time with those who are dear to us. I am grateful for these treasures. No amount of money can purchase this type of love.
Because of my absence, a great many blog posts from my favorite bloggers were missed by me. I hope to catch up with as many as I can. I can honestly say that I probably won’t be as diligent I had been as in the past.
My goal for 2014 is to take a step back from all of the electronics and have people to people time; physically touching those who mean so much to me. It will be difficult since so many of your posts have become the addiction that goes along with my morning coffee.
During my absence, my email box overflowed with notifications. Curiously, I opened one e-mail that was new to me.
You know what they say about curiosity killing the cat.
In the e mail there was a request to use one of my posts. Throughout my blogging time, I have generously given permission to many to reblog or use my written words or photos.
In the request from this particular person,
– who shall remain nameless; although, I could have exposed him/her but stardom for that person will not come from my blog –
there was something about it that felt unnerving. I chose to decline interest in he/she’s request. The intensity of the following e mail demanding an immediate answer chilled me. I couldn’t understand the belligerence. When I responded that I felt threatened the attitude of this person continued to be demanding and aggressive causing a frightened tension in me. The final e mail to me stated that ….
“I was evil and that my e mail address would be deleted from his/her carrier. A blocked warning against me would be issued if I attempted to contact him/her.”
I have no idea if this person exists. They are as they have no blog. I have no idea if they are a person as their gravatar is a cartoon. But, most importantly, why was he/she so hostel and demanding about a post?
Yes … this knocked me over for many reasons.
- I would have been happy to discuss this with he/she if I had had a telephone number. The e mails insisted I call but there wasn’t a telephone number.
- I had just started to hit firm ground from all of the holiday busy-ness so blogging was way down on my to-do list.
- My snail mail and my email were stacked as high as a mountain leaving me no choice but to prioritize, especially, since I do still have a business that requires my attention.
- Most importantly, I wasn’t ready to get back in the game yet. My blog was an enjoyable learning and giving place. I needed a little time to gather my thoughts so I could begin writing again.
- Most importantly, hostility and aggressive behavior paralyzes to me. Fear steps in and I no longer feel safe.
I’ve never thought of myself as harsh or ill tempered. I was raised in an abusive environment so I steer clear of aggressive people or situations.
I’m not cowardly. Rather, I’m non-confrontational.
I believe that more can be gained with honey that with venom.
I strove to develop a blog that was filled with all of the corners of my mind. The posts were there to express – the me I am – in all of my many personas. There was always a common denominator in all: love.
I love everyone until they hurt me. I’m an innocent bay open to all who wish to come and play in my world of love. It felt odd to be called evil. No one had ever said that to me. I’ve never had a falling out with anyone. I would rather discuss an issue and be open to another’s opinion or ideals.
I’ve been in the business world for 28 years. It isn’t a pony ride. It’s a brutal bronco ride all the way. You have to be tough. You have to stand up to lots of testosterone. But, I never felt there was disrespect.
I hope this person if it is a real person finds comfort in my words. I wish no ill will. I know I am of a kind spirit and will continue to be.
What will become of my blog?
From legal advice, I was told to delete my posts. I’m recreating my blog. I am an artist so the artist mind never rests. I hope it will be something you’ll enjoy as much as my past posts. Or, I may do it all over again the same exact way. Right now, I can’t see that far ahead.
My WordPress stats were grim. Although I don’t follow stats, I jumped in for a quick visit and was knocked out. Two knockout blows in a row. I was hanging on to keep from falling off my chair.
- My hits for the year 2013 were ½ as many as the year before.
- The most read posts were from 2012 – 20,000 as opposed to 10,000 in 2013.
- The work I had put into the posts was over-the-top in my humble opinion. I researched like a college student getting his thesis ready each time I posted.
- The comments were extremely down, too.
- I strove to make my blog better and, yet, it was worse.
The helpful hints that went along with the stats brought a puckered smile to my face. Their suggestions for more followers and post comments were the things I had been doing all year.
- Visit other blogs and comment – check
- Reblog posts from other bloggers – check
- Participate in challenges – check
- Seek new blogs – check
- Follow blogs that are of the same interest as yours – check
So, I need to analyze it all and figure out what direction is best for me. I want to develop a following for when I release the books I have in draft form. With more hard work I hoped to improve my blog and, hopefully, stay ahead of the bullies that decide to chase me.
It will be a busy year for Copper Whimsea’s by Al and Isadora Art Jewelry. I will have to spend a bit more time tidying up those web-sites, creating new ones in order to expand into the technological world; leaving behind the art show world I have been marketing the artwork in.
In the meantime, my blogs will be back soon. Be sure to pop in from time to time to see how it will to go.
Happy New Year Blessings to All …