Nurture Yourself – Inspire Light
In keeping with my word a month to Nurture Yourself, for the year 2013, the word for December was Inspire (inspiracion – Spanish). When you inspire you encourage somebody to reach heights of greater creativity, enthusiasm or stimulation.
This last nurturing post was lost among the hectic holidays. My friend Larry R. sent me – The Layman Ten Commandment. I thought I would share them as the missed December word of nurturing.
The Layman Ten Commandment – they seem quite simple yet how many of us can follow through with all of them. I hope you’ll take the time to consider the deeper meaning. These are inspiring words. I believe they can be of comfort or a motivation for anyone who chooses to live them.
© 2014 written by Isadora
“The Layman’s Ten Commandments”
1. Prayer is not a “Spare Wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “Steering Wheel” that directs the right path throughout the journey.
2. Why are a car’s Windshield so large and the Rear View Mirror so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE; so look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few minutes to Burn, but it takes years to Write.
4. All things in life are Temporary. If things are Going Well, Enjoy It; they will not last forever. If things are Going Wrong, Don’t Worry; they will not last long either.
5. Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
7. When GOD solves your problems, you have Faith in HIS Abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in YOUR Abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
9. When you Pray for Others, God Listens to you and blesses them, so sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10. WORRYING does not take away Tomorrow’s TROUBLES; it takes away Today‘s
Pingback: Nurturing Thurs – Subscriptions | "On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea"
January 25, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Thanks for the link! If worked with one of those commandments a week and become a wise person.
Pingback: Nurturing Thursday – Washing Machines | "On Dragonfly Wings with Buttercup Tea"
January 23, 2014 at 6:56 pm
Nurturing Inspiration, Izzy! Thank you for sharing!
Namaste ~~ becca
January 25, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Thanks, Becca. I always enjoy the nurturing posts.
January 23, 2014 at 5:43 am
Very inspiring indeed Issy and loved the video hon. Thanks for sharing. 😀 *hugs*
January 25, 2014 at 1:49 pm
The piano guys have become my new favorite musicians to listen to.
Glad you enjoyed them and my nurture post. XOXO
January 23, 2014 at 4:41 am
Excellent rules to live by. Thanks for sharing them with us.
January 25, 2014 at 1:51 pm
I found many of them can be helpful in relieving feelings
of stress. Glad you enjoyed them.
Thanks for the visit and comment.
January 23, 2014 at 12:57 am
Thank you, Thank you, Isadora!!!
January 25, 2014 at 1:47 pm
Your welcome … your welcome Amy.
Thanks for the visit and comment.
January 22, 2014 at 11:05 pm
I’m rooting for #4, everything is temporary. Brilliant and thank you. Namaste
January 25, 2014 at 1:46 pm
It’s a positive outlook worth putting into effect as it can keep
us from getting stressed. Glad you found one you can root
for. Thanks for the visit and comment.
January 25, 2014 at 8:33 pm
I was able to pass on #4 yesterday to a chap who’s depressed and trying to give up smoking…..some challenge but it got to him. He really like the simplicity….so thanks
January 22, 2014 at 9:54 pm
This is the first time I’ve seen those 10 … a wonderful list indeed, yet a challenge for a better life. … and cheers to using The Piano Guys as this is one that I haven’t seen. Excellent. Meanwhile, a lot on my plate during most of January, so I wanted to make sure I stopped by to say hello!
January 25, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Glad you enjoyed the video, Frank. They’re my new favorites.
I’m pleased I was able to introduce these to you.
January 25, 2014 at 3:24 pm
I’ve used numerous videos from The Piano Guys on the blog … which spawned new fans for them. Meanwhile, the 10 are good for all humans.
January 22, 2014 at 7:42 pm
You’re lighting us well Issy!
January 25, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Thank you, Gilly. I’m always trying to continue to inspire and nurture
myself and others.
January 22, 2014 at 7:15 pm
Love your commandments. It would of us to follow.
BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!
January 25, 2014 at 1:40 pm
Yes, it would be wise for us to try to follow as many as we can , Francine.
Thank you for visiting and commenting.