Often, we have preconceived notions of who we should be based on our need to fit in. It may start early in our lives because we want to be liked or want to be part of the so called in-crowd. We imagine ourselves to be like others if we dress, talk and act like them. We behave and do things we normally wouldn’t do because we don’t like the feeling of being excluded.
Don’t pretend. Be who you are. You are special.
It isn’t selfish to make yourself a priority. It isn’t selfish to take care of yourself. It isn’t selfish to love yourself. For in doing so, you have much more to give to others. More importantly, you have given yourself a far greater gift of love than anyone could ever give you.
Give Yourself Special love Gifts everyday …..
1. Wake in the morning and say – “Today, I love myself more than yesterday”.
2. Dream more while you’re awake – manifesting positive thoughts creates positive energy.
3. Smile – challenge yourself to make 3 people a day smile.
4. Place all past issues where they belong – in the past. Don’t ruin today because of them.
5. Time heals all things eventually. Give time – time.
6. Don’t compare yourself to others. Their lives may not be so special.
7. Spend time with people over70 – they’ve experienced far more than you and can guide.
8, Spend more time with children under 6 – they know how to play and you’ve forgotten.
9. No matter how you feel – get up, get dressed and be a part of the adventures of life.
10. Live with Energy – Enthusiasm – Empathy – Family – Friends – Faith
Be the ship that travels calm waters to places that nourish you. Cruise away from places that keep you from being who you are. Bring people along with you who let you be you. Discard the others since they will only bring your ship down.
Namaste, Isadora 🙏
2014©written by Isadora
During this holiday season, take a breathe. We can all get overwhelmed with everything that has to be finished. Perhaps, taking a few minutes to listen to this beautiful piano music video of lovely music from Michelle Pepe could be all you need. Happy Festivity time …!!!
Nurturing Thursday Contributors: