The video below is of a young lady who decided to audition for show America’s Got Talent. She wrote the song and sings it beautifully. Her words remind us we should all need to Be the Light.
The Layman’s Ten Commandment
These commandments seem quite simple yet how many of us can follow through with all of them. I hope you’ll take the time to consider the deeper meaning. These are inspiring words. I believe they can be of comfort or a motivation for anyone who chooses to live by them.
Namaste, Isadora 🙏
“The Layman’s Ten Commandments”
1. Prayer is not a “Spare Wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “Steering Wheel” that directs the right path throughout your journey.
2. Why are a car’s Windshield so large and the Rear View Mirror so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE; so look ahead and move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes a few minutes to Burn, but it takes years to Write.
4. All things in life are Temporary. If things are Going Well, Enjoy It; they will not last forever. If things are Going Wrong, Don’t Worry; they will not last long either.
5. Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
6. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
7. When GOD solves your problems, you have Faith in HIS Abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in YOUR Abilities.
8. A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eyesight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
9. When you Pray for Others, God Listens to you and blesses them, so sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10. WORRYING does not take away Tomorrow’s TROUBLES; it takes away Today‘s Peace.
*****Originally I posted these Layman’s Commandments in 2014. Shocking to feel it’s still poignant today.