There’s been an abundance of SPAM sneaking around my computer.
Yes, they’re little snake-like creatures we can’t see. They create havoc of every imaginable kind. I have no clue on how they do it. I have a pretty good idea that no one else does, either. If they do know they’re keeping it quite hush-hush.
It’s fascinating the way the computer repairman looks you straight in the eye and says, “These things just happen”.
I felt like a cartoon character with a big question mark above my head. Aren’t Firewalls and web protection supposed to prevent these little villains?
My computer froze on my homepage with what seemed like quite an official letter from the FBI. The letter read that I was in violation of paying my fines to them. If I didn’t submit $500.00 dollars to them I would be taken to federal prison. There was a drop down with the amount on it and directions on how to get this money to them.
Well, my first thoughts were whether or not I had sent in the tax money that I owed good old Uncle Sam. As all good Americans, I had instructed our accountant to submit our business and home taxes and to pay the owed fees.
After checking on all that, my second thought was that I could use a nice vacation with three hot meals, use of an extensive library, exercise room plus a television lounge room. Then, I got angry and thought that whoever was doing this was a creepy low life individual that has nothing to do except create chaos in my business and home life.
There were other SPAM messages from time to time like:
- Dobrowolskiqkn, obviously, not a real name thinks that I should be working out with this new method of exercise called TRX. A bit excessive for someone my age.
- And it’s evident that, horny hot, has been peeking into my bedroom because he –she – it – seems to think they know what I might need to do to have a better sex life.
- Seemingly, Anita902, thinks that I must have severe back pain and a bit of a nervous condition as she has recommended I take some Ultram and Vicoden. Do they not know these prescriptions are addictive?
- Gaming Site- to play video games. I have no desire to play games.
- Lottery Site – so as to gamble. My hard earned money taken away with foolishness. I’ll pass.
- Hacker Site – to avoid computer hacking. HUH?
- Transsexual – Stripper XXX Site – this left me speechless and with eyes that never wanted to see again. There was body parts showing that weren’t meant to be seen in public.
I wish I could say that these SPAMS are funny but after a few 100 times of deleting them from my SPAM box it gets a bit old. In addition, when it takes over my computer and prevents me from running my business, I feel frustrated.
I believe technology is important but something has to be done to prevent this from happening.
Who do you think is doing this?
Who do you think should be preventing this?
Wednesday Writing Prompt – Life with Technology: a blessing or curse
to join Jamie click here